Thursday, January 26, 2012

Runners and their Knees

It's Thursday!  I really want to go to group run tonight but my left knee has been acting funky.  I haven't ran since Sunday's 9 miler.

I took Monday off from running, as usual, and did a Pilates Core video instead.

Tuesday, I hopped on the treadmill before work and it was like I was the Tin Man.  My knee would just not cooperate.  I was hobbling along....it was not pretty.  I slowed my pace hoping that would make it easier.  It did not.  The only thing that made it easier was when I slowed to a walk.  I had started out at a 6.0 and ended up at a 4.0 after only 1/2 a mile.  Ugh.

Yesterday, Wednesday, I thought I would give it a rest, that maybe that's just what my body needed.  But I was still tempted to test out the knee...soooo I ran to my mailbox and back.  It felt like someone was stabbing my kneecap!  What tha crap?!

I am in no way a medical professional able to diagnose myself but that never stops any of us does it?  From reading what I have on runnersworld.com I think I have a case of "runner's knee"...go figure.

Have any of you experienced this before??  What helped and what prevented it?  Thanks for the input!

Happy Running!

2 comments:

  1. RICE is the best piece of advice. I have Tommy Copper Knee sleeves that really do seem to help. They aren't cheap though. I have random knee pain that comes and goes :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been using RICE...it seems to be working. :)

    ReplyDelete