Sunday, December 29, 2013

What are you implying, New Year?!

It's that time of year again.  You know what I'm talking about...

brace yourself

I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions.  It has just never occurred to me.

ch

In all seriousness, I have always tried to make a change (resolution, if you will) when I see that said change is needed.  When faced with a challenge necessary for my overall well-being, I'm motivated right then and there to get moving on it.  As I wrote in this post, I knew I wasn't where I needed to be.  I hadn't quite made that change but I was ready.  Change was imminent.

I am very glad that I didn't wait until January 1st to pull myself together.  Enough pouting over no-running already, there are other things I can do and still get my endorphin high!  I have found that thing.  By all means, make your New Year's Resolutions if you do!  You'll be very happy you did come next year.  It's like they say, if you had started a year ago, you'd be there already...or something like that.

compare


Are you a resolution kind of person?

Do you usually stick to them?

What's a resolution you've stuck to (New Year's or otherwise)?

Did I use "change" too many times in this post? (I searched synonyms on thesaurus.com but "revolution" and "transformation" seemed too dramatic.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you: I try to change something when it looks like it needs changing. Why wait until the end of the year? Have a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Resolution I stuck to was setting the incline on a treadmill at 1.5 and never going below that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great Resolution! I don't always stick to that incline when running ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can go up, not below. Extra calories and more like a outside run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blog, Niki! I wish I could say I am a runner... I want to want to, but alas, it doesn't seem meant to be :). John is the runner in our house so I'm going to pass along your site to him! Happy running in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lindsay! I don't always write about running but it does come up sometimes:). I loved your blog. I'm really glad that John shared it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!! I am not a resolution person, I don't like to wait to make changes, once I identify something I want to improve on, I just do it. Here's to an awesome 2014!

    ReplyDelete