Thursday, June 28, 2012

Outlast

I feel that I have been a bit of a brat about my performance at the tri this past weekend.  Let me explain.  I said I was humiliated, which I was, but I think more than anything I was just disappointed.  I expected so much from myself that when it didn't happen I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Since my previous blog and just speaking to people, the feedback has been overwhelming.  So many people have congratulated me on finishing despite my struggle and just having the guts to go out and do it.  They have also told me that I am being too hard on myself.  This is not what I was looking for...and I hope that no one thinks that.  I just come here to express my feelings and if you want to read, great, if not, then don't.  You won't hurt my feelings.

 
I was reading my Fitness magazine when I came across an ad with Alicia Sacramone, Olympic gymnast.  The ad says, "4 years ago, I fell in front of millions.  I could have stayed down on that mat - forever.  I say, it's time to get back up.  I will outlast fear."  It was a Secret deodorant ad...but who cares?!  It got the point across.  She cost the USA women the gold in 2008 with that fall on the balance beam.  Yet, she is getting back out there.  She's not burying her head in the sand.  She's standing tall and taking it on.  I applaud her for that.  And I think we could all take a little bit of that courage she has.  Chin up, buttercup! 

Hebrews 11:1 To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment