Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm Back!!

Not only did I make it through my first long run by myself, I enjoyed it!  I think I've found my run once again.  I had lost it somewhere over the summer/fall and was afraid that I would loathe training for Big Sur.  This race has been on my bucket list since I saw a picture of the Bixby Bridge in Runners World.
 
Yes, from first sight, you can see that it will be challenging.  But, if I minded a challenge, I wouldn't be me.  I cannot wait to run on this beautiful canvas!  And also to enjoy the other side of the country for a few days :)  

Back to my run,  I ended up having to run alone.  My partners-in-crime ran yesterday but I spent some time with the fam for my dad's birthday.  I was dreading not looking forward to this run.  I have not ran over 5 miles in months, literally.  8 miles was going to be miserable...but somewhere along the way, somewhere between mile 3 and mile 6 I fell in love with running again.  I had a great run and am pretty much looking forward to the next few months running with my great friends...

Until next time, here's a little picture I took during my run today.  A sunny day is my favorite!
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment