Saturday, October 5, 2013

Control

Isn't this something we all want?  Control?  We spend most of our days trying to control what happens throughout said day.


control2


We spend all of this time worrying and trying to control our circumstances so we end up missing out on life.  Don't we??


We try to control our surroundings and our circumstances.


We try to control our careers.


We try to control our relationships.


We try to control others and their actions.


We try to control our running/exercise and goals.


We try to control our health.


We try to control timing of certain events that should be happening.


We try to control our days.


We try to control our lives.  Period.


...but guess what?!  WE are not in control.  Sometimes it's time to just Let Go and see what happens...It might be better than you planned.


I have been in such a sweet spot.  I have been content with my life.  I knew that the breaking would be coming...I just didn't know when so I have been enjoying this season of my life.


filled


Tuesday, at Girls on the Run, our lesson was on "Being Grateful" so we each went around the circle and named one thing we were grateful for.  When it got to me, I said "my health".  This is one thing that I felt like I never take for granted but I guess I was wrong because two days later - I got strep.  Boy, was I wishing I had that health back.  I was couch-bound and miserable for two days but I had a lot of time to think.  I should be more grateful for the "things" I have been given and circumstances I have.  All too often I find myself moaning and groaning about certain circumstances that I am given, rather than just giving thanks and taking it all in stride.


control


Today, I'm thankful for a loving, forgiving, and gracious God that doesn't hold grudges.


control5


I'm also thankful for a week off of school for Fall Break!


control3


What about you?  What do you try to control?  How do you fix it?

4 comments:

  1. I am such a control freak -- to the point of a fault. Thankfully my husband has helped me really chill out, but it's just my nature!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you balance each other out. I think that's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where would I even begin? I have a husband, three children, two dogs and a white picket fence (kidding) - so I need to control it ALL! I am in constant, constant conversation with our Maker that I trust in HIS will, HIS timing and HIS plan. I'm pretty good at helping others understand this and saying the right words, but I struggle with this deep inside. I want God to answer my prayers with the answer and outcome I've already sorted out in my mind. I loved your post. Another reminder to have that talk with Jesus - to help me let go, give it all to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have WAY more than I could even imagine to try to control!! Kudos to you and your faith keeping it together girl! It's so easy to pass these words to others and harder to accept His timing for ourselves. I have to hand it over to Jesus every time I feel myself trying to take over. It's great when He shows up :)

    ReplyDelete