Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here we go!

The beginning of this week started out bad for me. I had had the terrible run on Sunday and was just feeling sooo tired and beat down. I honestly didn't know if I had it in me to do all of my runs this week so I bargained with myself that I would skip the Saturday 3m HMP run since it seemed that my long runs on Sunday seem better when I don't run on Saturday. Wellllll come Tuesday I had a horrible day. all. day. long. I just had a lot on my mind. I know that the best thing for me to have done would have been to come home and run but I didn't feel like it so I didn't. I'm glad I didn't because I'm pretty sure everything has just been laying on me pretty heavy right now and I needed the break. My body was telling me to take one. I like to listen to my body when it talks to me. hehe. I decided to do 6 x 800s for speedwork this week. I have kind of gone on my own with the plan by now. I do what I feel I need. 800s are killers! They are so fast (for me) and it is for 1/2 a mile. I, again, do the math in my head. With these I break it down to laps around a track. (Only 3 more laps - Push!) It works for me.

I felt pretty bogged down on my recovery run on Thursday but I guess that means I did my speedwork right? I was reading RW this week and saw some of Dean Karnazes' quotes. He had one where neighbor had said, "Doesn't running hurt?" He answered back, "Only if you're doing it right."

I ran my 3m on Saturday since I skipped my Tuesday one. It was successful. I am keeping under pace for my runs so hopefully that is a good sign. My long run today was great, beautiful and windy, but overall great. I feel a sort of peace over me about the race. I'm ready. If I don't have it by now then it's not going to happen. I am anxious about hitting my time goal, excited about going to Disney World, and a little nervous about my first solo flight and getting through Atlanta's airport on my own. I can't wait to spend time with my fellow runners as well!! It has been so long since have ran with anyone so I am really looking forward to the half and commercing with a sea of runners. All of the races for this weekend are sold-out! How awesome is that?! We are going to have such a blast ladies!

On another note, I am feeding my addiction and signing up for a FULL marathon. The Marine Corps Marathon is in D.C. on October 30th. I have plenty of time to prepare but the distance (26.2 miles) intimidates me to the core. This one is a good one for my 1st I think. It is called "The Peoples Marathon". Most who run this are running their 1sts, it's fairly flat, and in our nations capitol. Well, I'm gonna need twice the discipline and determination for this one but I do have a lot longer to prepare. I only had 6 weeks for this half!

No comments:

Post a Comment