Monday, February 14, 2011

Chilly runs are no fun :(

This past week has been good overall, if I don't count Sunday.

Sunday, I almost skipped out on my run. (Gasp!) Why, you ask, would I do that? Well, quite frankly, I was tired. After my family had left on Sunday, I took a nap. Apparently, I learned, a big no-no for me on days I long-run. I had planned on gettting up at 1:15 to go...didn't get up until 2:30. By then I decided it was too late to go run 13 miles and I had bargained with myself that it would be ok to skip this one. (?) But I eventually dragged myself out of bed and into my running shoes. I made it out to IOP around 3:20...with 2 hours ahead of me. I was dreading it. I wanted to be back in bed but I knew that if I didn't do this long run I would regret it and be soooo mad at myself. I blame a missed run on my bum knee from last year's half. I skipped a 6 miler. Then, my next run is when I began hurting. I couldn't do that to myself again. Not when I am so close.

I took out over the IOP connector and it was in the 60s. A beautiful day. I had worn shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. The first time I've worn shorts outside in awhile. It felt great. I decided I would actually take it slow today like I'm supposed to. I started out at a 10:00 pace and fell into a 10:20 pace later (which is where I should be). I had brought along my debit card so that I could buy a water half-way through. I stopped at a gas station. Took my water to the counter. Pulled out my card. Dude says, "$3.00 minimum on your card." WTH?! Really?! So I left. I said, "nevermind then". It was so obvious that I was out for a run. He is obviously not a runner or he would've let me get the water. I found a Rite-Aid and went in there. This, of course, is cutting into my running time.

I was going to carry the water with me but it was cold and I was getting chilled. I don't know if it's because the sun was going down or what but all of a sudden I was freezing! I threw the water away hoping that that would allow me to run faster and warm up. So I kept going. I decided to go down this side street to make up for the 3 extra miles that I hadn't accounted for on this course. I was supposed to go 1.5 down and back. I made it .75 down and just could go any longer. I was soooo cold! If you know me, you know I can't stand the cold. That's the reason I'm glad I've missed this horrific winter in Tennessee.

So I ran back, just wanting to get to the car and get inside where it was warm. I made only 10.5 of my 13. But...I will take that, all things considered.

On a good note, I ran 4 miles on HMP Saturday morning. It was great!! The rest of the week went as planned, if not better, and I'm hoping this week does as well. I'm really hoping upon hope that I'm not getting burnt out and all I need is a little sleep. Please, Dear God, don't let me burn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment