Friday, June 13, 2014

How I Stay Healthy as a First Grade Teacher

Drinks like a dessert, nourishes like a salad!



Shakeology really is the most nutritious meal of the day!

Ok, let's just be honest here.  I did NOT want to pay for Shakeology when I first heard about it.  It was way too expensive for me (or so I thought).  I didn't need a supplement to lose weight.  I have never been "overweight" but just needed a little toning up.

I didn't see how a shake could do that for me.  This was for other people, who had a lot of weight to lose.

I can't begin to tell you how WRONG I was.  I started Shakeology when I started coaching.  I figured I would have to try it for myself before I would even think of suggesting it to someone else.  I wasn't going to share a product that I did not 100% believe in.  So I did.  And here's my story:

I started Shakeo November 2013 along with T25 program.  I didn't really change anything about my eating habits (even though, I should have).  Here's what happened:  my hair started growing like crazy, I became... ahem.."regular", I dropped belly fat that needed to be gone, and I was healthy as a horse...until my supply ran out.

See, I am a first-grade teacher.  Therefore, I am perpetually sick.  Colds, sniffles, strep, you name it.  I have had it in the past two years.  I ran out of my supply in January.  So I quickly, ordered some more but in the 5 days it took for me to get it, yep, you guessed it.  I got sick.  Sinus infection.  Gross.  All of a sudden, it became clear to me, that the shakes have been keeping my immune system boosted with all of those vitamins, antioxidants, and superfoods.  FINALLY!!!  Something to keep me from the ever apparent snotty nose of a six-year-old.  (Sorry to be so graphic but it's true.)

I was always that kid.  You know, the token sick kid on movies and kid's TV shows, who talked funny because of a constant stuffed up nose.  As I got older, I think it got better but I was still always sick.  Seriously, just ask my sister.  She used to make fun of me.  She thought I was making it up or being dramatic when I didn't join them for dinner because of some illness or another.

In short, even if none of the other reasons were there, I would still drink Shakeology for it's health benefits.  In my 31 years, I have yet to find something all-natural that would keep me in peak health all year.

If you would like more information on Shakeology, you can click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment